Thursday, November 10, 2011

My longest relationship

The year was 2002, I was just about to enter in my senior year of High school. I was going to rule the school. It was the first team dinner/meeting at fresh choice. This really cute mom comes up to me and says

"So Tiffany, I was looking at the team roaster sheet and I noticed that you live close to me. Do you think you can drive my daughter home after all the practices?"

"um maybe? whose your daughter?"

"That red head over there"




"well I don't know if i can..."

"I'll pay you"

"Perfect"

So that's how our friendship started, as a business. Week after week I would drive her home and each car ride was better than the one before. We would laugh at things that happened that day on team, sing our hearts out to angry Lincoln Park songs, danced, put on makeup and sometimes I would even watch the road. One time Tye accidentally got icy hot all over her face and it started to burn, so me being the natural care taker that I am, I rolled down the window and she stuck her face out as I did doughnuts in the parking lot.





We were two peas in a pod. Soon enough we started hanging out on the weekends and at family parties. We bonded on things like high school musical, the Lizzie Mcguire movie and Jesse McCartney. We would go bowling almost every weekend and I have to admit,



                                                        We were really good.

Today is her 23rd birthday. Tye has always felt like a younger sister to me, a younger sister that does not have the same tanning capabilities that I have but still a younger sister. I believe I age twice as fast as she does because I can't believe she is only 23. Either she is really mature for her age or I'm really immature for my age. I'm pretty sure we all know the obvious answer.

I'm so blessed to have her in my life. I know we will be the old ladies in the old folks home that is tp-ing other people's rooms or the two that cheat at bingo. I'm really lucky to have her as a friend.


Happy Birthday Tyeler. I love you 


Oh and her mom eventually stopped paying me.


No comments:

Post a Comment