Monday, January 10, 2011

Boob tube.

I have a Love/Hate relationship with the shows that are on the telly now a days. It just blows my mind that people could win a million dollars for eating a scorpion or getting smacked in the face a bunch of times while going through an obstacle course. Don't get me wrong, it's hilarious but sometimes too much. I've already talked about my commitment issues or some say lack of follow through but television shows are the hardest for me to follow. It used to never be this bad.

In elementary school I got out at 2 o'clock. Saved by the bell started at 2:05. You can imagine how stressed i was on a daily basis. Good news was i lived right around the corner. As soon as that bell rang i would run home like i was training to be a member of the Kenyan running team. I loved Saved by the Bell. I wanted be Kelly Kapowski, date Zack Morris, hit the gym with A.C, Shop with Lisa Turtle and be lab partners with Screech Powers. No Character on that show taught me more than Jessie Spano did. She was a straight A student, student body president and dating the high school jock. She had it all....including an addiction to caffeine pills. Yup you remember that episode. I cried when Jesse was so overcaffeinated that she finally came to her breaking point. "I'm so excited.....I'm so so scared"


During High School it was all about Friends. What a great show. I have every episode on dvd and sometimes will run a super marathon over a weekend. Last Thanksgiving I ran a mini marathon of all the Thanksgiving episodes. Who could forget the "Geller Cup"? I find myself quoting friends on a day to day basis. It's pretty bad when all you have to say around my brother Chris and i is "5........6........7.........8" and we break out in THE ROUTINE.


Now for the shows on TV now. I had a hard time finding a show that I am obsessed with. I was looking for a new saved by the bell or Friends. I tried getting into Grey's anatomy but Meredith is Super annoying. The gun shooter episode was pretty good but I don't think that show will be on much longer. Sorry about it. Then I tried to get into the Oh so popular Glee. I watched it a handful of times but to be honest it's just a bunch of kids singing, dancing and having sex with each other all while a guy in a wheelchair watches. I do have to admit Sue Sylvester is pretty hysterical. Then there is Jersey Shore and I did have a birthday party dedicated to it but it is getting pretty old. They should call it "Same old story, different night" or what I recently read on a bathroom stall wall "Another day Another panty stain" Now to reveal the new show that I'm obsessed with, the show I run home to watch every Wednesday night.............
Great show, right? I'm still laughing over the Flash Mob scene.

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment